How to make setup.exe default to local-install?

I'm creating a Cygwin snapshot for installation from CD, and
I've got everything figured out except for one thing: I need
setup.exe to default to a local install.  I can't use a
shortcut to run setup.exe because shortcuts have absolute paths.

It looks like a batch file would work, but it pops up a
"nuisance" console window.  [Question: does "local directory"
refer to the directory where setup.exe is located or to the
current working directory?]

I suppose I could build a custom setup.exe that checks the
"local install" radio button by default instead of the "network
install" button.  But I was hoping there was somthing a little
easier.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! does your DRESSING
                                  at               ROOM have enough ASPARAGUS?