Re: automate SSH-HOST-CONFIG

Hi Johnny,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 03:28, blazt wrote:

> I am not sure how to do a except script. I have been looking at what I can
> find on the net.

It is 'expect', not 'except'. It's enough to read 'man expect' for basics.
You'll have to learn some Tcl docs for advanced usage, (not required
for ssh-host-config automation).

> Would I pass this command into the except part?

See an excerpt from my expect script below. I don't provide the full
version, as it is complicated more than necessary for the
demonstration due to support of different OSes and corner cases. (Also
it was not verified with the latest ssh-host-config.)

#!/bin/expect -f

# required on Win2k3
exec chmod +r /etc/passwd
exec chmod +r /etc/group
exec chmod +x /var

spawn ssh-host-config

# Host keys generation is lengthy procedure
set timeout 20

expect {
  "Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no)" { send "yes\r";
exp_continue }
  "Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no)" { send "yes\r";
exp_continue }
  "Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no)" { send "yes\r" }
}

set timeout 5

expect {
  "Should this script create a local user 'sshd' on this machine?
(yes/no)" { send "yes\r" }
  "new local account 'sshd'? (yes/no)" { send "yes\r" }
}

# [skipped]

expect eof { exec cygrunsrv -S sshd }

--