Re: setup 2.573.2.3 configure fails libgpg-error/libgcrypt

On 2009-01-13, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:

>   Looking in the snapshot tarball, it seems that configure.in does indeed
> have the original (unpatched or reverted) code, so why doesn't it have the
> gpg-error-config-fake script as well?  I went digging in the source directory
> where I originally built the tarball that's currently on the cygwin website,
> and the file is there in the sources, but it's not in the generated tarball!

I know that feeling...

>   It turns out that adding files to the sources doesn't automatically cause
> them to end up in the source tarball; you need to list them explicitly.  That
> happens for you if they're C or C++ source or header files, but not for shell
> scripts.  Argh, my bad!  Thanks for spotting it.

[...]

>   You can download a copy from the sourceware CVS repository via the web
> interface here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/setup/gpg-error-config-fake?cvsroot=cygwin-apps
>
> and drop it in with the rest of the sources.

I grabbed a copy out of CVS, and it built fine and is working.

> Or you can hang around a while, and I'll upload a fixed
> tarball.  (I'll just manually add the missing stuff and
> re-upload it).

Thanks, I'm set.  I guess nobody else builds their own
setup.exe. :)

Now to test the version that defaults to "local-install"...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I like the way ONLY
                                  at               their mouths move ...  They