Problem using recv/read in my own program

	Hi there, I'm trying to port an irc client from linux to windows
using cygwin. So far it's been pretty simple - it builds and runs, however
it cannot actually finish connecting to any irc server.

	The short version of the problem is that when I use recv:

    len = recv (sok, lbuf, sizeof lbuf - 2, 0);

	len == -1, and errno is set to 22 - INVALID_ARGUMENT.

	Doing the equivalent with read as a test produced the same problem.
I'm stumped.

	I don't know what's going wrong; prior to this call, the socket has
been written to twice successfully and select then calls recv believing that
there is data waiting to be read on the socket. While this code works
flawlessly on linux, there's obviously a problem somewhere.

I need to know exactly what sorts of things can cause an INVALID_ARGUMENT
errno to occur so I can narrow down where I should look for the bug in my
program. I've tried reading the FAQ, googling - for several days I've been
stumped. I even tried asking for help with this in irc.freenode.net #cygwin,
but that didn't get me anywhere.

I've included the output of cygcheck as the faq requests.

Hikaru