Re: configure cannot find boost libraries

Paulianna2002 wrote:
Larry Hall wrote:
Paulianna2002 wrote: Hi,

I am trying to build the package 'SRecord' from source. When I configure I get

<snip>

checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no

        You need to install the Boost C++ library to be able to compile SRecord.
        http://boost.org/

        If you have a package based system, the package you need to
        install will be called libboost-devel or something similar.

I did install the boost package(s) under Cygwin.

Any advice is appreciated....thanks!!
Try starting here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

I am not sure what you are implying. Sorry if I have not been a "smart question asker". I was trying to follow the cygwin etiquette. If I have violated cygwin mailing list protocol in some way, I apologize. I am not sure what I should do differently to post my problem. Thanks.

I'm saying that you should read the entirety of the link I pointed you to. Without information about your configuration at the very least, no one here can make an informed attempt to solve the problem you're seeing. We need at least the output of 'cygcheck -s -r -v' *attached* to your problem report. And since the package you're trying to build can't find Boost, it would be logical to assume that a STC <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#STC> wouldn't either or if it does, that would tell us something about the package you're trying. So please consider including a STC as well with the commands you invoked and the results you get. That should make it pretty easy for anyone here to try and help you track down, if the process itself doesn't help you resolve the problem yourself.

Holliston, MA 01746