Re: configure cannot find boost libraries

Paulianna2002 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the package 'SRecord' from source.  When I configure I get

> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
> checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
>
>         You need to install the Boost C++ library to be able to compile SRecord.
>         http://boost.org/
>
>         If you have a package based system, the package you need to
>         install will be called libboost-devel or something similar.
>

> I did install the boost package(s) under Cygwin.
>
> Any advice is appreciated....thanks!!

I had the same problem.

It seems that boost library include files are not located in /usr/include/boost/, but in /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost, or something like that, depending of the cygwin version you use.

A workaround can be to make a copy of /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/ directory into /usr/include/. This make the boost directory appear at the right place.

Not sure if it is the best solution, but its work for me.

Claude.