Bash file not running correctly

Hi, I just joined this mailing list and I'm not sure if it's the right place to post questions. If it's not, please direct me to the correct place. I'm having a weird problem when running a bash script. Lets say I make a script called list.sh. I open it in notepad and type ls. Then I go to the Cygwin bash shell and type ./list.sh. The list command works fine. Now let's say the file looked like this

ls
#This will list the files in the directory

When I run this, the Cygwin shell will say "list.sh: line 1: $'ls\r': command not found". I think the \r has to do with a new line when I push enter. So basically I can't run anything longer than one line. Anyone know how to fix this?