Re: Tried mintty but it locks-up on enabling "Copy on select"

I didn't know about the "Copy on select" option (and I already wanted to start whining about that feature missing), so when I read the message of rhubble I run to enable that feature and it worked flawlessly.

I run WinXP Pro with latest patches too.

The only "strange" behavior I can see is when I have mintty, X (xterm for example) and CLCL (a clipboard history tool for Windows).
In that case the interaction of these three applications (mintty, xterm and CLCL) produces from time to time malfunction of the copy on select feature (both in mintty and xterm). So you could check if you have some clipboard history/handler utility running.

Ciao,
	Danilo

Andy Koppe wrote:
That's a new one actually. Can you reproduce it? If it's not too much
bother, any details about the bug and your system would be
appreciated. The ~/.minttyrc file might be helpful too.
It's winxp with latest patches and I think I have latest cygwin.
Although I'm not certain of that.

I suspect most users will have 'copy on select' enabled and there've been no problems reported so far, so particular circumstances on your setup must be exposing a latent bug. Hence the .minttyrc and the stackdump would be useful.

Also, a few more questions, if you're willing to help tracking it
down. Does it lock up as soon as you start mintty or the first time
you try to copy something? Have you got any clipboard utilities
running? Does it work if you delete or rename ~/.minttyrc to go back
to the default settings and copy something through the context menu?

Andy

-- Danilo Turina Alcatel-Lucent Software Developer OND Network Management Rieti (Italy) Phone: +39 0746 600332

7 anni 10 mesi 1 giorno 4 ore 54 minuti 22 secondi