Re: xdvi problem: second attempt to get help

Dan Tsafrir wrote:
Hi, a few days ago I reported a problem regarding xdvi and did not get
any response, so I'm trying again:

When opening xdvi, I get the following error message:

   Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
   Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
   Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
   Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

Even though, to my understanding, I don't have any locale related
variables set:

   % printenv | egrep -i 'lang|lc|locale'
   LOCPATH=C:\Programs\IBM\RunTime\locale
   XTERM_LOCALE=C
   % export -n XTERM_LOCALE
   % xdvi
   Warning: locale not supported by C library ...

Any idea how to fix this?

As you may know, Cygwin doesn't support alternate (other than C) locales. But since this is related to xdvi, there may be something that can be configured there to help. If the documentation for xdvi doesn't suggest a solution or if you believe this is strictly a Cygwin-specific issue, you may have better luck with the cygwin-xfree list. X issues are discussed there.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746