Re: RFE?: CygWinDir in ENV?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 06:22:21PM -0600, Tim McDaniel wrote:
> >Well, not in *this* special case, because "like this" is trying to
> >find the Cygwin installation in the first place; if it knew where
> >regtool was, it would already know where Cygwin was installed ...
>
> You sort of have to know where "reg" or any other program is located
> if you want to run it too.

It's in PATH by default on a Microsoft Windows system, at least on the
Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP that I tested it on.

> If this is really a terrifically big issue then just add the cygwin
> bin directory to your windows path directory and regtool, mount, and
> all sorts of other programs will be available to you.

While that's a reasonable idea in general, in my particular case I
can't necessarily depend on the user doing that, and on the main
machine that I use, the administrator put mingw in the path.

--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd@panix.com