Re: [boost and xerces] ping maintainers

--- Ven 6/3/09, Werner Wothke ha scritto:

> Da: Werner Wothke
> Oggetto: Re: [boost and xerces] ping maintainers
> A: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Data: Venerdì 6 marzo 2009, 05:58
>
> Larry and Greg,
>
> Thank you for your responses, I overlooked these libraries,
> mostly
> because I have not been using them. Your guidance was
> very educational!
>
> Werner
>

> Greg Chicares wrote:
> >> Can you point out to me where you see any Boost
> DLLs? I only see *.hpp
> >> template files.
> >>? ???
> >
> > The boost filesystem library is an example; my
> installation has,
> > in /lib/ :
> >
> > $ls libboost_file*
> > libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-1_33_1.a
> > libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-s-1_33_1.a
> > libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-s.a
> > libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt.a
> >
> > which IIRC were all gotten via 'setup.exe'.
> >
> > I gather from a glance at the boost links above that
> these might be
> > buildable as dlls instead of as static libraries, but
> I think what's
> > relevant to your question is that this library has
> '.cpp' files that
> > must be compiled separately. I believe Václav was
> referring to boost's
> > sui generis build system, which I always found a bit
> odd; if you want
> > to avoid it, this might be worth a look:
> >???http://boost-extras.sourceforge.net/gnu-boost/gnu-boost.html
> > | Tired of trying to compile boost with some weird
> tool only a very
> > | few understand? Try GNU boost!
> >

> --
> Werner Wothke, Ph.D.

Hi Werner,
for a cygwin version you can also start from here

http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/libs/boost/

From what I can see Yaakov's boost is 1.37.0 version,
and he provides a lot of dll

boost-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_date-time1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost-devel-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_filesystem1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_graph1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_iostreams1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_math1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_program-options1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_python1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_regex1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_serialization1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_signals1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_system1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_thread1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2
libboost_wave1.37-1.37.0-X.tar.bz2