Re: gcc4: cc

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> While you're at it, if you have a chance, I think a f95 would be helpful
> as well.

but some of us may prefer to leave it to the operator to create an alias
or symlink, which otherwise will increase the number of conflicts which
arise when we use cygwin as a development environment with other compilers.
I got used to there being no cc in cygwin before I found out that most
linux installations alias it to gcc.  Before that, cc usually meant a
compiler which was vastly inferior to gcc, and certainly not interchangeable.