Re: New bloda entry

Hello,

* On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:21:31PM +0100 Reini Urban wrote:

> Probably turning off the guard will help.

It does.

Personally, I found out about this behaviour of AntiVir in April 2008 in
conjunction with SVN and CVS (SVN behaving much worse than CVS). The
problem is as follows: If you touch a file (for example, if you copy it)
and then, immediately afterwards, try to move another file over it,
the Guard might still hold a handle on the file: You have a race which
sometimes results in a permission problem.

I contacted Avira with this problem report (and a .BAT file which
demonstrates this behaviour). The 1st level support only told me how to
generate an exception, so that my directory is not checked by the guard
anymore. After insisting that this cannot be a solution, I was forwarded
to 2nd level support. After a month or so, they send me a new version of
Antivir which enormously reduced the probability of this problem.

However, since some months now, the problem is completely back again.

Perhaps, it might help if more people complain? Again, this problem is
not Cygwin specific, as I was able to show it with a .BAT file.

On http://www.trikaliotis.net/Download/test-av.zip, you can find my .BAT
file I used to show the problem. There are two versions which are only
different in the details of the output.

Regards,
Spiro.

--