Re: [SOLVED] Re: under cygwin, zsh cannot run when built against ncurses9-5.7-13

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:29:28AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:49:36PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>>So the linker is DTRT, the problem has always existed but been masked
>>by the fact that nothing between -lm and -lcygwin used to import
>>anything, the problem has arisen now because now that does happen, and
>>the solution is to mung the symbols in the import top/tail sections in
>>libm so that libm and libcygwin both each add a complete import table
>>entry of their own (there's no problem having two import tables against
>>the same DLL).  Once I've figured out how that perl script works, I'll
>>be able to suggest a patch.
>
>Don't bother.  I'll look into it.

I've rewritten speclib (for the third or fourth time).  It should use a
more foolproof method to create the .a files.  The output from "objdump
-p" still shows separate "DLL Name" sections whenever one of these
special libraries is used but hopefully this is no longer an issue
since the import libraries should now be well-formed.

Can you confirm if this fixes the problem Dave?

cgf