Re: [1.7] passwd: useless if used with a logged on domain user

Corinna,

Do your recent changes to passwd

address this issue:
6. (Vista) error in setting cyg_server passwd expiry

(Recap: 'passwd -e cyg_server' doesn't work when *current* user ('herb')
is a domain user, attempting to set the expiry of a local user
('cyg_server').

> passwd: unknown user herb
>    *** Warning: Setting password expiry for user 'cyg_server' failed!
>    *** Warning: Please check that password never expires or set it to your needs.
>
> The command that generates the unknown user error is "passwd -e
> cyg_server" from the csih script.  Note that it complains about the login
> user, not the cyg_server user.

I'd test it myself, but I don't have a domain (server) to play with...

--
Chuck