Re: Promoting cygwin system to member server

On Apr  2 07:45, Michael T. Davis wrote:
> 	We have a standalone server running Windows Server 2003 SP2.  We would
> like to promote it to a member server in an existing Windows domain.  Will this
> affect how cygwin accounts are managed and maintained?  We want to preserve
> the functionality of the existing local accounts, and be able to continue to
> manage them (add, remove, etc.) so that the users can continue to use cygwin
> (esp. the SSH server) independent of the Windows domain.  (In fact, we don't
> want domain users to access the system via cygwin's SSH server, only local
> users.)

Cygwin doesn't make a difference but Windows does.  The idea about
what's a local account and what's a global account is a bit different on
a domain server.  However, I never did this promotion thingy of a server
into an existing domain.  I don't know what willl change, but *what*
changes is Windows in the first place.  If the local accounts persist,
they should be managable as usual on the machine.  Guarantee?  Nope.

Corinna

Red Hat