Re: cygrunsrv will not start services most of the time

Dave Korn wrote:
>   Argh, sorry about that.  I just updated the BLODA sources in CVS to mention
> Google Desktop the other day, but we haven't refreshed the website yet,

:-P  That would have saved me some troubleshooting time!

I swear I searched Google for "Google desktop cygrunsrv" and I didn't
find any mention of the issue -- but I guess I searched for something
else.  Maybe it was Google Desktop and "fork resource unavailable"
(which doesn't show anything useful).  Ah, Google is great when you
search for the "right" thing.

In any case, I wanted to add that if you use regedit to rename/delete
"AppInit_DLLs", cygrunsrv will work until you reboot -- at that point
Google Desktop seems to "fix" itself by creating "AppInit_DLLs" again.
That will of course break cygrunsrv again.

So, I guess the better solution is to install an old version of Google
Desktop.

--
Rob