Re: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH' error message on install

j.jovinbasilroy@ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the above message when i run ./configure from the extracted
> gcc-4.3.3 directory. I have attached the cygcheck.out for your reference.
>
> Let me know to get rid of this issue and to install verilog-perl on my cygwin

  Hello Jovin!  Your system has got itself into a bit of a mess, let's see
what we can do.  Here's your first problem:

--------------------cygcheck.out--------------------
  948k 2003/03/18 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/3/18 19:50
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.3.22
        DLL epoch: 19

 1829k 2008/06/12 D:\Softwares\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2008/6/12 23:05
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.5.25

Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path
--------------------cygcheck.out--------------------

  That's a problem, you can't have two different cygwin dlls at the same time
at all like that.  Move the old one out of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM into a temporary
directory somewhere so it's not on your PATH but you can still get it back if
some old toolchain you have installed turns out to need it.

  Second problem:

--------------------cygcheck.out--------------------
Potential app conflicts:

Logitech Process Monitor service
Detected: HKLM Registry Key, Named file, Named process.

  You need to get rid of this, it breaks Cygwin.  It probably came with a
webcam or something, but it's non-essential shovelware.  Stop and disable it
in the services control panel (Start->run->"services.msc").

  After that, you might need to reinstall gcc.  I'd guess those problems
prevented the postinstall scripts from running correctly after you last
updated; can you take a look in your /var/setup.log, towards the end, and see
if there are lots of errors reported running them?

    cheers,
      DaveK