RE: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH' error message on install

j.jovinbasilroy@xxxxxxx.xx.xx wrote:
> I am getting the above message when i run ./configure from the
> extracted
> gcc-4.3.3 directory. I have attached the cygcheck.out for your
> reference.
>
> Let me know to get rid of this issue and to install verilog-perl on my
> cygwin

You have more than one problem, and one or more of them appears to
have caused your installation not to be completed.

From your cygcheck.out:

> Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path

This is always bad.  Remove the ancient one from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

> Potential app conflicts:
>
> Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component
> Logitech Process Monitor service
> ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall

These are all applications known to cause problems with cygwin. I
suggest you read http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Once you've resolved these problem, re-run setup.exe, just clicking
next at each stage, and it *should* fix your installation.

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe Ltd using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.