Re: 1.5.25: cygwin executeables are crashing from time to time (Windows 2003 Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack )

Stefan Walter writes:
> Attached now the cygcheck.out. Maybe someone can give me now a hint for
> the crashes.
>
> Additional: There is no Antivirus as well as Firewall running on the System.
[...]
> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Tue Apr 14 11:02:39 2009
>
> Windows 2003 Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 2
>
> Running under WOW64 on AMD64
>
> Running in Terminal Service session

Others may see something else in the cygcheck output you sent; thanks for
sending it.  What stood out to me is what's quoted above.  This kind of smells
like the "cygwin bash crashes on Win Serv 2008" thread from last October.  That
ended up with the realization that installing Terminal Service changes the
system-wide DEP (Data Execution Protection) flag for the worse, as far as Cygwin
is concerned.

Could you please read one of the later emails on that thread:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-10/msg00459.html>
and see if the situation applies to your systems and whether the workaround
works for you?  I know the thread talks about Windows Server 2008 and you're
running WS2K3, but maybe it applies there too.

..mark