Re: R: C++ program produces no output (g++ 4.3.2, cygwin 1.7)

Marco Atzeri wrote:

try LDFLAGS = -Wl,--enable-auto-import -o $(EXEC)

Yes, that did fix it, thank you very much. I should have tried it myself and I apologise for not doing so. The reason why I didn't, is that the other programs I tried earlier worked even if I ignored this warning and this is such a simple program. I thought I could avoid having to change all my Makefiles only have to change them back again when the next release of g++ comes, heh. Now I know better.

Anyway, the cygcheck problem remains and I noticed something else when copying the Makefile with cp:
cp Makefile Makefile3
then I opened it with my native windows emacs and it only says: file exists but cannot be read. So I checked the permissions on it with ls -l:
$ ls -l Makefile3
---------- 1 mindcooler None 299 Apr 24 09:32 Makefile3

and the original:
$ ls -l Makefile
----------+ 1 Guest None 299 Sep 13  2007 Makefile

but emacs has no problem working with the original. What's going on? Having to chmod copied files to be able to work with them seems odd.

Btw, you don't have to mail me copies of replies. I read the list on gmane configured as a newsgroup in my email client.

- EL

Regards Marco