Re: Installing beta (1.7) version parallel to current one

2009/5/4 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:
> On Apr 29 14:16, Igor Mikushkin wrote:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> I'm trying to install beta cygwin version parallel to the current one.
>> I chose the different directory to install in and different one to
>> store downloaded packages.
>> Installer shows me that I have several installed packages even at first run.
>
> Did you switch the directory name right at the start or did you
> switch to the next dialog and then back to the one asking for the
> installation dir? ÂThis must not happen. ÂAs soon as you pressed the
> "Next" button, you lost. ÂIn that case you have to exit setup-1.7
> and restart it.

Sorry, now I can't recall such details.
But I can definitely say that I used installer several times and I saw
that packeges were already installed (in fact they were not)
everytime.
I solved the problem with reinstalling all the packages.
So now I have no problems with it, just reporting.

> Alternatively create a registry REG_SZ value
> "HKLM/SOFTWARE/Cygwin/setup/rootdir" and set it to the Win32 path of the
> new directory you want to install Cygwin 1.7 in, before starting
> setup-1.7.

I see this value set to C:\cygwin-1.7
So all is OK with it.

Thanks,