Re: Packaging bug (?): icu-3.8-5 / cygport problem

On 5/11/2009 5:21 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
We have a cygport problem here, for testing see the icu-3.8-5 package
for release-2.

Reini,

Thanks for looking into this. While we're waiting for the cygport problem to be resolved, could you just clarify one thing for me? It looks like the cygport problem caused icu-3.8-5.src.patch to duplicate many of the patches that came from gentoo. This leaves three cygwin-specific patches. I understand two of them, but I'm puzzled by the patch to pwin32.h:

+#ifdef __CYGWIN__
+#define U_HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
+#endif

Why is this needed? Doesn't the configuration process discover that cygwin has inttypes.h? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.

Ken