Win2k Command Window Can't Execute G++

Hi All,

I'm a noob to Cygwin and all things non-Windows. I installed Cygwin on my Win2k
system (a couple of hiccups, but nothing major), then installed the GCC. When
that completed, I did g++ -v in a bash window, and got the expected response. I
am *sure* (99% anyway) that I was also able to do it in a normal CMD window amd
get the identical response. I then proceeded to install X-Windows with no
problems, and it appears to work (i.e. can bring up calc, etc). However, if I
now try to invoke g++ from a CMD window I get the usual message '... not
recognized as an internal or external command ...blah blah blah'. It still
works in a bash window.

Am I dreaming that I was able to use it in a CMD window before installing X
Windows, or has something been changed during that installation? If so, what?

I have done all the above while logged on as Administrator. After the initial
Cygwin installation I had to manually add \Cygwin\bin and \Cygwin\usr\bin to
the PATH. That hasn't been altered. It doesn't matter what directory I am in
when using the CMD window, g++ isn't recognized.

I would sure appreciate some help.

Roger