1.5.25: RSH issue with Cygwin/Win2008

Team,

I am running windows Server Enterprise 2008, 64 bit. I have installed the latest version of Cygwin in the windows 2008 server. I have a bunch of RHEL5.x servers that needs to controlled from Windows 2008 server using RSH.  While I am aware that SSH is more secure than RSH, I have no other options. The benchmark software that we are using will work on rsh only.

The issue is, from the windows server, using Cygwin, when I rsh to a remote RHEL5.3 server, the prompt is empty (as if it has done something or working fine) and unable to connect to remote server.

For example, from the server lg95, when I rsh to lg30, the below are the responses:

################################3
root:~# hostname
lg95
root:~# rsh lg30
root:~#
root:~#
root:~# hostname
lg95
root:~#
root:~# rsh lg30 ls
root:~# hostname
lg95
root:~#

Could you please help?  Please see the attached cygoutput. Thank You.

Gokula Rangarajan