Re: mintty ^H/^? bug

> I think there's a minor bug in the way mintty handles the ^H/^? option for
> the Backspace key. ÂSuppose you have mintty set up so that Backspace sends
> ^H (the default). ÂYou then use the options menu to change this so that
> Backspace sends ^?. ÂThen stty -a still shows erase = ^H, and some
> applications don't work as expected.

Yep, that's rather unfortunate. It's the same in xterm though.

It probably would be possible for MinTTY to get hold of the slave side
of the "pseudo terminal" device and change its erase setting, but that
would be somewhat improper, because the slave pty logically belongs to
its child process(es). Also, it still wouldn't work for applications
that are already running or for remote connections.

I guess what I could do is remove the setting from the dialog and
instead make it a config file or command line option only, because
it's not really something that users should normally have to worry
about.

Andy