Re: How to change the file mode to link?

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
Peng Yu wrote on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:17 PM:

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Mark Geisert <mark@maxrnd.com> wrote:
Peng Yu writes:
Is there such a cygwin command to extract the link from a windows
link.
Did you not see Barry's response on this thread?
I missed it before I sent this message. Sorry.

One more thing that you should be aware of: - The filename of a Windows shortcut is of the form <name.lnk>. - The filename of a symbolic link is of the form <name.lnk>. So if you create the link in the same directory as the shortcut, you will clobber the shortcut.

This is, of course, true by default with the current Cygwin release (1.5). In the next (1.7), the default changes so there is no worry of clobbering the Windows shortcut with "ln -s".

Everybody likes a little trivia, right? ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746