This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] Updated: less-418
- From: Mike Cappella <lists-general at cappella dot us>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 12:25:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [1.7] Updated: less-418
- References: <20090606190002.GA5907@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: lists-general at cappella dot us
This version is ancient. See:
for current release.
On 6/6/2009 12:00 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I've made a new version of 'less' available for installation. This
is the most recent version of less available from ftp.gnu.org. The
description of what's new from the last release is below.
This version of less drops the reliance on /etc/termcap and uses the
much more modern terminfo library for its terminal handling.
This update is only available for the Cygwin 1.7 beta.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
***** Excerpted from the less NEWS file *****
NEWS about less
Major changes between "less" versions 416 and 418
* Color escape sequences are now supported in WIN32 build.
* Makefile now uses EXEEXT feature of autoconf.
* Fix search bug when using -R and text contains ANSI color escape sequences.
* Fix crash when using -r with UTF-8 text containing 0x9B bytes.
* Fix display bug when using ' command to move less than one page forward.
* Update GPL to version 3.
Major changes between "less" versions 409 and 416
* New --follow-name option makes F command follow the name of a file
rather than the file descriptor if an open file is renamed.
* Make searching with -i/-I work correctly with non-ASCII text.
* Fix DJGPP build.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html