bash process current directory not set under Windows 7

Hi!

When I open a Cygwin window on Windows XP, the shell starts in /home/username, and procexp (sysinternals.com) shows that the bash process current directory is C:\cygwin\home\username\. That's all good, then, but under Windows 7 RC1 build 7100 the bash process current directory is C:\Windows\ even though the shell still starts in /home/username.

This seems to happen even if I set SYSTEMROOT and WINDIR to something else (so I have no environment variables pointing to C:\Windows).

This is causing some problems. Specifically, rake db:bootstrap, using ruby and sqlite3, tries to create temporary files under C:\Windows, and they get access denied. Under Windows 7, this directory is owned by TrustedInstaller, and it doesn't even seem possible to give myself write access as a workaround. Though, I am allowed to create files there using Windows Explorer.

Tor Hovland