Re: LFTP issue

On Jun 14 07:39, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Thanks for the strace. ?This + our irc chat allowed me to duplicate the
> > problem. ?It should be fixed in the next snapshot which is building now.
>
> Thank you!  Using the "cygwin1-20090614.dll.bz2" snapshot, I don't see
> the hang that I was seeing before.  However, when doing a "ls | grep
> <string>" or "ls | less" on the large directory (2000 items), I now
> see the results duplicated 530 times.

I can reproduce this if the remote dir is big enough, just the numbers
are different.  In one dir with < 500 files it works fine, in another
dir with > 3000 files I get between 70 and 120 repetitions.

And I have another weird effect:

  $ lftp server
  lftp server:>cd large-dir
  cd ok, cwd=/large-dir
  lftp server:/large-dir>ls | less
  ls: less: Permission denied
  lftp server:/large-dir>ls | less
  ls: less: Permission denied
  lftp server:/large-dir>ls | less
  ls: less: Permission denied
  lftp server:/large-dir>ls | less
  ls: less: Permission denied
  lftp server:/large-dir>ls | less
  [...works...]

I can reproduce this with a very high probability.  4 or 5 or 10 times
in a row it fails.  Then, as soon as the first `ls | less' call
succeeds, all subsequent calls succeed as well.  Calling just `ls' once,
helps, too.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce it when running under strace.  In that
case `ls | less' already succeeds the first time, every time I try it :(

Corinna

Red Hat