Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:50:34AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> That's what I meant, yes.  I think many people don't understand that
> those files don't need to be there and since we advocate using
> just the straight install from internet, we probably should be nice
> and delete the files.

I hope that you make this proposed behavior optional.

The way I use the setup program is to "install from the internet" onto
peecee A. Then I "install from local directory" on peecee B. In the
second step, I use the download area of peecee A as the "local directory."

I find this method to be attractive. My access to the mirrors is often
slow. On bad days, the mirror I use will time out, which is inconvenient.
For these reasons, I appreciate that it is currently only necessary to
putz with the mirrors once, and still update two (or more) peecees.