Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:34:24AM +0100, Fergus wrote:
>Assume your local Cygwin repository is under some /pathname/ for example:
>/g/users/yourname/cygfiles/setup.ini AND
>/g/users/yourname/cygfiles/release/*
>or you can have spaces if you like:
>/h/my name/cygnus solutions/setup.ini AND /h/my name/cygnus
>solutions/release/*
>
>As setup.ini advances with time and you augment the subdirectory
>release/, it becomes bloated with more and more redundant files. It can
>be cleaned out using the following script with the syntax

Are you paying attention?  It can be cleaned up by:

rm -rf "/h/my name/cygnus solutions/*"

Yes, yes.  I know.  Your internet connection is only 1 byte per second
so you desperately need to keep useless files around on disk for when
you accidentally type rm -rf /bin.  Or, you have all of cygwin carefully
installed on multiple floppies and don't want to delete anything.

However, for most people here, removing the directories is the right
thing to do.

cgf