Re: Creating Cygwin CD or DVD

> I have been developing a utility to help create customized subsets of Cygwin packages, which can be burned onto cdrom or dvd and used for installing or updating machines without any network connection. When given a list of Cygwin package names, the program downloads them and their dependencies, and regenerates a 'setup.ini' file together with a copy of 'setup.exe'.
>
> The package is called 'pmcyg' (short for Cygwin Partial Mirror), and is available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pmcyg. There are still a few rough edges, but I hope the program will be of use and interest to some readers.

Thanks, this is a nice contribution to the project.

Not sure if the Cygwin webmasters would be interested in linking to your
project.  I think the usual way to spread the word about external Cygwin-related
projects is just through the mailing lists.  Your best bet is to regularly
announce new versions here, so people can find mention of it in the archives.

Andrew.