[1.7] HOME directory is always /tmp

I had been running 1.7 in my \cygwin-1.7 directory.

I decided to clean up this morning and created a \cygwin directory
using setup-1.7.exe to re-load all my stuff (gcc, emacs, X server,
etc.).  I renamed the old 1.7 directory to cygwin-1.7.old so it
wouldn't be "in the way".

Everything is working properly, EXCEPT my home directory isn't right.
ssh and ncftp are *both* using /tmp as the home directory.

I have not changed my Windows XP "HOME" environment variable from
C:\HOME (which was working before).  I have not changed my ~/.cshrc
file (xterms find this file just fine).  I did change CYGROOT from
cygwin-1.7 to cygwin.  I've rebooted the PC a couple of times.

CMD.EXE says:

    HOME=C:\Home

My xterm says:

    HOME=/cygdrive/c/Home

I do not understand why ncftp and ssh are suddenly both having
problems with HOME.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us