Re: problems with cron & permissions

2009/8/8 michael trott:
> sure uve heard it all before. trying to get cron to backup my system
> to a samba share thats mounted to a local drive. i can run the script
> and back up fine. This is my crontab:

Try the same as user SYSTEM and not as your local user and you will
get the same error.

The solution is to change the properties of the cron service to run
under your local user account.
SYSTEM does not have access to remote samba shares.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/