Re: Issue with the titlebar

Mark J. Reed wrote:
> Putting title-setting escape sequences in PS1 has the unfortunate side
> effect that the shell thinks that it has output those characters, and
> shrinks the length of the line readline has to work with by that
> amount.

I have set everything in PS1 for a long time without any apparent issue,
even using extremely long command lines.  In fact, I think I got this
from an early version of /etc/profile from Cygwin originally, and it
looks like Cygwin's /etc/profile still does something similar by setting
everything in PS1.

What symptoms should I expect to see using this method, or how would I
go about triggering a problem?

-Jeremy