Re: Issue with the titlebar [OT]

Mark J. Reed wrote:
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
http://www.googleit1st.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=ssh+host+titlebar&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

For this sort of thing, I prefer lmgtfy:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ssh+host+title+bar
While that's cutsy! It does not address the issue at all. First off the issue is with the title bar - not ssh. IOW the terminals could be local and not using SSH. Secondly, looking at the first line provided by that cutsty URL:

The title bar is located on the top of the window.

Duh!

The leftmost item on the title bar is the window icon. Click it to display the Window menu or doubleclick it to close the window.

Irrelevant.

The next item on the title bar is the window's sequence number. This helps you to distinguish between different windows using the same connection.

Ah, not on my rxvt (nor cmd) windows it ain't!

Next on the title bar is displayed the remote computer's host name. For example, a second window associated with a connection to a host computer called 'remote' would display as |2:remote|.

Again, not on my rxvt (nor cmd) windows it ain't!

After the host name, the next item on the title bar is the name of the settings file in use. If you are not using a settings file that has been saved with a specific file name (using the *Save As* option on the *File* menu), a settings file called |default| is in use.

I think you are assuming a specific - unnamed - ssh client. That's not the case here...

If you have changed the settings without saving them, an asterisk (|*|) is displayed on the title bar, after the name of the current settings file (for example: |default*|). For information on saving the changed settings, see Section Saving Settings <http://www.ssh.com/support/documentation/online/ssh/winhelp/32/saving_settings.html#SEC-SAVING-SETTINGS>.

The last text item on the title bar is the name of the client,
Again, this has nothing to do with the OP's post.

None of the rest of your cutsy post applies either.

Thanks for being so... helpful...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.