Re: Changing HOME for PERL

> I installed Cygwin yesterday and when I run it and look at "pwd" my path
> is set to: Â /cygdrive/h
>
> I read the FAQ and when I type "set HOME" from a Windows CLI, it is set
> to:
> HOME=H:\
>
> I am using Cygwin for PERL.
>
> I just took a PERL course and in class Cygwin was configured for:
> /usr/bin/perl
>
> This was perfect because I could make my SheBang look like:
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> I would like to do that again with the Cygwin I installed myself
> yesterday.
>
> I did modify /etc/passwd.
> The last line had: Â Â Â...:/cygdrive/h:/bin/bash
> and I changed it to: Â Â...:/usr/bin/perl:/bin/bash
>
> But when I open a new Cygwin session it remembers the old /cygdrive/h

The HOME variable takes precedence over /etc/passwd, hence you need to
either unset it or set it to the location you want before invoking
bash. It's likely set in the System Properties. The exact location
depends on the Windows version, but it's something like
Computer->Context Menu->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables.

Andy