Re: cygdrive prefix

Vincent R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any good reason to force user to use /cygdrive/ before accessing
> a drive ?
> I am asking it because I regularly switch from cygwin to mingw and some
> simple script needs
> to be adapted every time.
> Wouldn't be easier to access directly to a drive without entering
> cygdrive? Is there any reason for that ?
----
Just set your cygdrive prefix to "" (null)
Then you can use /d/, /e/, and _usually_,  "/" = your root drive
Works REAL well, when you install cygwin in the root dir, since then all the
paths match up between cygwin and windows.

More than one windows app takes "/" as a path-sep, as well as "\" (Gvim for example).