RE: Num lines in dirs: C:\cygwin\bin = 1152 C:\cygwin-1.7\bin = 289 WHY SO FEW?

Chris Cormie (Cygwin) wrote:
>Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> On 09/28/2009 10:31 PM, Chris Cormie wrote:
>>> I don't think you are doing anything wrong David. setup-1.7.exe appears
>>> to default to just the Base category packages. The 1.5 setup.exe selects
>>> many more packages outside the Base category by default and that's the
>>> difference you are seeing.
>>
>> There should be little difference in how 'setup.exe' works for 1.5 vs
1.7.
>> The determination for what's installed by default has not changed, though
>> the overall number of packages and size may have changed somewhat.

I wonder if the change to the X stuff if showing up here. Old install of X
brought in pretty much everything but the new modular install is much more
frugal. I never checked what happened to the old stuff when I updated to the
new X in 1.5. I don't think it removed the already installed X stuff, so I'm
thinking that an old 1.5 install (even upgraded) with X could show quite a
few more files than a new 1.5 or 1.7 install with X.

Probably the easiest way to see the differences is the massage the cygcheck
outputs and simply diff the two.

Stan