Re: what is interfering texlive?

Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was always using cygwin and today I installed texlive 2008 on my
> computer.  But I found if I run texlive's xelatex command on my
> cygwin bash prompt, it will always return a "Program is not found"
> error. When I run the same command line under dos command prompt,
> it was fine.
>
> In my .bash_profile, the texlive path is set to be searched firstly.
>
> Can anyone give me a clue?

I haven't used that software, so these are only suggestions.

The Tex Live documentation site <http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc.html>
has a link titled, "Binaries for i386-cygwin".  You apparently
installed the win32 version, but maybe that one would be better.

Try these under bash:

  echo "$PATH"

Carefully look to insure the path is correct.

  type xelatex

If the 'type' command can't find it, it's a different kind of problem
than not being able to execute.

  chmod +x xelatax

Maybe bash doesn't recognize it as an executable.

-Ken Jackson