Re: Probably not a cygwin problem but help appreaciated

James Fuller wrote:

> http://www.allbasic.info/forum/index.php?topic=794.0

> "I did get Gtk from here: http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html "

  You didn't read that page carefully enough: it says

"These packages are not for developing or running programs that use the Cygwin
Unix emulation environment. Cygwin has GTK+ packages available directly in its
installer which you should use."

> " I got all the Gtk+ individual packages plus all the Third Party with the
check boxes.  I put all the dll's in the cygwin/bin directory."

  That's very very wrong.  Those are native win32 versions of the libraries.
No good will come of it.  Delete them all and use the Cygwin version instead:
install libgtk2.0_0 using setup.exe.

  I have no idea if that'll solve all your problems, but it's not even worth
beginning to try and debug the sort of problems you'll run into trying to use
those DLLs under Cygwin.

    cheers,
      DaveK