crontab 1.12 issuing error about

My administrator has been trying to get the cron service to run on our cygwin 1.7 environments. After installing the various packages, he performed the permission changes on my machine on /etc/passwd,
/etc/group, /var, /var/cron, /var/cron/tab.

When cron-config runs, he sees:
$ cron-config
Cron is already installed as a service under account CAS\Olentangy.
Do you want to remove or reinstall it? (yes/no) no
Running cron_diagnose ...
... no problem found.

Do you want to start the cron daemon as a service now? (yes/no) yes
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

In case of problem, examine the log file for cron,
/var/log/cron.log, and the Windows event log (using /usr/bin/cronevents)
for information about the problem cron is having.

Examine also any cron.log file in the HOME directory
(or the file specified in MAILTO) and cron related files in /tmp.

If you cannot fix the problem, then report it to cygwin@cygwin.com.
Please run the script /usr/bin/cronbug and ATTACH its output
(the file cronbug.txt) to your e-mail.

WARNING: PATH may be set differently under cron than in interactive shells.
         Names such as "find" and "date" may refer to Windows programs.

We looked for /var/log/cron.log, looked through the output of /usr/bin/cronevents, looked in the HOME directory, and looked in /tmp, but didn't find anything in the directories, and cronevents only lists the editing of crontab files.

Then, he ran

$  cygrunsrv.exe -S cron
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

(He is logged in as ntsa13; I am logged in as lwv27).

Next, per the instructions, I ran cronbug. This gave me a file, which I'm attaching, and the following error was output to stderr rather than into the file.

/cygdrive/c/products/cygwin_1.7/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'TapiSrv': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.

I've checked the events viewer on this machine, and the only crontab related events are the ones mentioned in the cronevents output, which are, as I mentioned, the BEGIN EDIT, REPLACE, END EDIT, LIST messages.

We are not certain what the next step should be.

--
Tcl - It's the real thing. http://wiki.tcl.tk/
http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ http://www.xanga.com/lvirden/