RE: mkdir differences between 1.5.25 and 1.7

> That's fixed in CVS.

Excellent!   I'm not familiar with the Cygwin build schedule - how often are the packages updated so I can give this another try?

> > I also ran into a problem with the mkdir "C" API which may or may not
> > be related.   As far as I can tell, the permissions mask passed to
> > mkdir with 1.7 is ignored.   The chmod API works fine.
>
> Works fine for me.  Are you sure the directory you tested this on is
> not mounted with the "noacl" option?

It isn't mounted noacl - sorry I didn't mention that.

$ mount | grep ' / '
C: on / type ntfs (binary)

I know you frown on mounting C: as /, but unfortunately there is a lot of history predating my presence that depends on this.

Test program:
$ cat x.cc
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
   mkdir("/tmp/foo", 0777);
}

$ ls -ld /tmp/foo
ls: cannot access /tmp/foo: No such file or directory

$ ./x

$ ls -ld /tmp/foo
drwxr-xr-x 1 root Administrators 0 Oct 29 20:27 /tmp/foo

For what it's worth, this isn't nearly as problematic as the lost ACL's as I can always follow each mkdir call with a chmod - that seems to work fine.

Thanks Corinna,

jim