Re: [1.7] Accented characters don't work

lemkemch@t-online.de wrote:
> And that I really don't like.  Way too complex for my taste for the
> simple task of popping up a text window.

Try mintty; Andy has done a great job with it. It supports unicode,
displays natively without needing a Xserver, and is (obviously) actively
maintained.  The only drawback -- relative to cmd -- is that it uses
psuedo-ttys for stdio, so some native win32 programs don't work properly
within it.  But that drawback is shared by rxvt, so you don't lose
anything by switching from rxvt to minnty, and you gain a great deal.

--
Chuck