Re: SOCK_RAW raw socket and cygwin

Leyendecker, Robert wrote:
Is it possible to use a SOCK_RAW in cygwin for read and
write of IP packets?

While it's possible Cygwin is breaking something here, I'd first verify that you're not exceeding the underlying stack's capabilities. See the Winsock Programmer's FAQ, item 4.1:

http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/advanced.html#rawsocket

It happens that I'm back to working on the FAQ again, so if you learn anything about raw sockets that you think should go in the FAQ, let me know. Off-list, of course.