Re: gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'collect2.exe': Resource temporarily unavailable

On 12/08/2009 08:51 PM, Jonathan Schell wrote:
With one particular compilation, I'm getting this error.  From reading around,
I'm pretty sure that it's due to an excessively long command string, as
there's a lot of include paths being added to the gcc command with the -I
option.  However, I had fixed this problem previously on an older computer
somehow, but I've lost the website where I found the solution.  It was
something to do with a flag that is set when compiling gcc so that it would
ignore the error, I think.  It's not due to my computer being low on memory or
resources or anything like that.  I can't modify the makefile as this is another
department's program and I know it was fixable by changing the tools
somehow.  If anyone could point me to any suggestion along these lines I'd
appreciate it.

Sounds like something that the upcoming Cygwin 1.7 release could resolve - <http://cygwin.com/#beta-test>

Holliston, MA 01746