Re: Looking for the 'stdout' of a Windows application

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   Ghastly top-heavy over-engineered UML-laden bloatware that comes with
> its
> own non-standard filing system does tend to make me do that ;-)

There's a gem well hidden inside.

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   That'll teach you to choose the wrong side in the One True Editor wars!

Emacs is not an editor: I told you it is the shell that dies...
Are you using the vi shell?

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   It should suffice to exit all cygwin processes, but don't forget that
> includes any cygwin services you've got running.

OK. It does. Without CYGWIN=tty, I get the output to the console.
What shall I miss without it?
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26770960/cygcheck.srvc cygcheck.srvc

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   Try 'stty sane', typing blind if you have to?

I have bad memories of 'stty sane'. OK, it was on hpux...
But it wasn't sane.
Anyway, tried now, and no: didn't work.
I tried with Enter, Ctrl-J, Ctrl-M/Ctrl-J, and finally, I had to kill xterm.

Here is my cygcheck output (I just updated, and checked the problem is the
same).
Thanks,
Marc