Re: Question on nodosfilewarning

* Jan Alphenaar (Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:58:33 +0100)

> I have set the cygwin environment variable to "nodosfilewarning" as
> can be seen on the screendump below [...]

How have you set it? Where have you set it? User or system variable?

> If I execute the command "rsync -rlt -v -e "ssh -F 'C:\Test
> \Ssh.conf'" . user@machine:/Test" I get the warning I know all too
> well lately. It is probably because ssh is piped to rsync, but I am
> not sure about that.

Then why don't you make yourself sure about that? Try ssh without rsync
and rsync without ssh. Kind of obvious...

As you really haven't given much information, my best guess is that
you're connecting to a daemon for which the user environment variable is
not set. If that is the case then use a system environment variable
instead.

Thorsten