Re: 1.7.1-1 Install freeze of Cygwin post install.sh

I've always installed to the default locations, and I removed everything from
the default C:\cygwin\ folder so I would have a clean install.  I also cleaned
the registry of everything I could find and used a registry cleaner tool
(Advanced System Care One) to try and get everything I couldn't find.

Sorry for the minimal information.  I have no idea of what is significant and
what is not.  I've attached the cygcheck.out file as you suggested.  I ran the
command directly from the c:\cygwin\bin\ directory.  I looked over the file
for anything obvious and didn't see much.

I did notice that the system says I have ZoneAlarm as a personal fire wall;
but I don't and never have used ZoneAlarm.  I have used McAfee products and
currently use their Security Center.

There is a warning about multiple cygwin1.dlls in my path.  I've run a windows
search (including system and hidden folders) against the whole C:\ drive and
found C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll was the only result returned.

I also did a search from C:\ (including hidden and system folders) looking for
"cygwin"  There were some files in C:\Tools\Installed with names like
"ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.gtlib.gatech.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin%2f" and I found a folder,
C:\Tools\Installed\ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.gtlib.gatech.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin%2f\release\
cygwin, that contains the file cygwin-1.7.1-1.tar.bz2.  I assume this is a
temporary location used while an installation is in progress.

Please let me know if you see something more that I'm missing.  I don't see
anything that would explain the "*** fatal error - couldn't
> >allocate heap," error, or the other errors, from the log file.

Sincerely,

Brian S. Wilson
Home: (678) 376-9258       Cell: (678) 232-9357     Wilson@ds.net